Thursday, July 3, 2008

The Poor Gets Poorer......It's True

I was at Courts in Tampines Mall today. Whilst browsing thru the array of computers on display, I noticed that besides the cash price there was also an offer to pay by installments up to 48 months.
An Acer desktop package was priced at $1299 (touted as Mega Deal) or $85 per month for 48 months........works out to $4080 total. Initially I thought it must be a mistake. I looked around at other offers......it has the same kind of pattern. I then approached the sales person and asked him. Without hesitation he said that it was correct. I asked him who in his right mind would pay more than double the price for these computers on installments. He said plenty.......those earning rather low salaries but need computers for their children would not mind paying, as this is the only way he can get one.
Boy.....this is really blood sucking........The Poor always gets hit the most......
He then said that there is another way. Pay by credit card.......it can be free of interest upto 24 months............which poor guy who has salary of say $1000 qualifies for credit cards?

No comments: