Friday, May 2, 2008

New Class??

A few days ago I went for my usual quarterly visit to the Marine Parade Polyclinic to collect my hypertension & Cholesterol pills.The only difference was I've passed my 65th birthday. The bill came to only $37/ whereas previously it was always around $82/. Happily I paid . On reaching home I told this to my wife. She looked at the invoice ......and guess what she found on the invoice.

Payment Class: ELDERLY

My ego immediately was dented............me ...Elderly???

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ya top elderly bottom hardly

Chu Wa said...

Wow congrats, 65 and still going strong. Many statistic suggest that the real age of regular cyclist is 10 years younger than their sedentary peers. So you are actually same age as the 55 years old drivers next to you on the road while enjoying all the "elderly" benefit, a unique class indeed.

keeyanho said...

Yep, 2008 is the year when we have to get a doctor's certification to renew our driving licence. . . . the first reminder to take bicycling very seriously!

Anonymous said...

Point of clarification. True Blue is not yet a cyclist.

True Blue said...

True, True.....Cycling was never my strong point. At 65 I prefer to expend my limited energies to pursue other more pleasurable activities....